All phones have their secret codes. A secret code is a combination of numbers and special characters like *, #, etc., which can be typed on their keypad. When the code is entered, the phone might show phone information, battery information, or do something that the secret code is programmed to do so. Moreover, The secret code is also used to troubleshoot problems or access hidden menus, which are typically not present on phones and designed to perform specific tasks.
What are USSD Codes?
Let us first understand what exactly are secret codes or USSD codes, why it is used and its purpose. Secret codes are nothing but USSD Codes. USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) is referred to as “Quick Codes” or “Feature Codes”, a protocol that allows you to send code across the network.
Some Secret codes are general and can be used by anyone. However, phone manufacturer service centres usually use the USSD codes to access phone information or troubleshoot problems from the hidden menu. Below we have listed all essential Secret Codes for Motorola Phones.
Also, check out the article on Android Phone Codes (USSD code).
Motorola is now officially owned by Lenovo, and all phones are majorly on Android, so most of the old Motorola codes may not work on new Motorola phones. However, we have listed all new and old Motorola Phone (including Motorola Android) secret codes that will work on your Motorola phones.
Secret Codes for Motorola phones (NEW)
The below codes will work on all the latest Motorola phones having Android as its Operating System. Some code might not work and may work on different android versions.
- *#06# – Checks IMEI number
- *#0*# – Service menu (Available on newer phones)
- *#*#232339#*#* – Wireless LAN tests
- *#*#0842#*#* – Backlight/vibration test
- *#*#4636#*#* – Display phone information, battery & history usage statistics
- *#*#7780#*#* – Reset phone factory data reset ( It will not remove data or application)
- *#9090# – Diagnostic configuration
- *#*#2664#*#* – Test the touchscreen
- *#7465625# – View phone lock status
- *#9900# – System dump mode
- *#*#1111#*#* – FTA SW Version
- *#*#2222#*#* – FTA HW Version
- *#301279# – HSDPA/HSUPA Control
- *#872564# – USB logging control Menu
- ##7764726 – Hidden service menu (Motorola Droid)
USSD Codes for Old Motorola phones
The below codes will work on old Motorola phones. Some code might not work on some devices.
- *#06# – Checks IMEI number
Note: Here  means pause, hold down the * key until box appears.
-    0 0 8  1  – Select phone line (Use this to enter text below provider name)
-    1 1 3  1  – Eng Field options (main menu)
-    1 0 5  1  – Add phonebook to main menu
-    1 0 7  1  – Add messages to main menu
-    1 0 8  1  – Copy SIM memory (phonebook menu)
-    # # #  1  – Change pin
-    0 0 5  1  – Unblocking using the “puk” number
For Motorola C350 C450 C550 or C650 series phones, you can add extra message space using the below code.
1. Press the Menu button and quickly press 048263*
2. It will pop up a menu, enter 47 and press OK, press 1 OK, press 64 OK, press 1 OK, press 186 and OK. You should get an extra 50 MSG memory space. You need to restart your phone.
Please Note: Be careful while using secret code as it might create problems if you are not sure what the code will do exactly.
Visit .it is loaded wit all phone secretsVisit .it is loaded wit all phone secrets
If you are looking for secret codes for all phones plus all free pc downloads e.g software and books,visit http://www.infolift.blogspot.com
I learned a lot from this article, great help for me, thank you!
What if I think my phone has been hacked what codes will let me know if it is and stop it