However, we believe that this feature would come very handy for web developers to view their web pages online and can share the same with the client who can see it online on their browser. This can also be useful, if someone wants to create a personal profile or portfolio.
How to Host Webpages on Google Drive
1. Create Folder and make it Public
- Go to Google Drive, Click on CREATE and select Folder Name the folder.
- Right-Click on the folder –> select Share –> Share
- Change access rights from “Private” to "Public on the web” and Click on Done.
- Once Folder is created with public share rights, Upload HTML, CSS or JS files from local system which can be done simply by drag & down of file or click on upload button, browse and upload the file.
- To edit or create HTML, CSS or JS file on Google Drive, you need to install a third-party apps like Drive Notepad, Neutron Drive. However, we have simply created the html file on local system and uploaded on Drive.
3. Your Webpage is Online
- Click on the html page and click on “Preview” button. Your page is now live and can be seen by anyone on the web.
- Copy the web address of the page to share with others.
Check out an example of webpage which we have created and uploaded on Google Drive.
Also Check out an example where in Google’s own hosted webpage in Google Drive.